Is it March already??

Dear Friends,

I have been wanting to post an update for a while now - please forgive the delay!

This weekend I am enjoying some much-needed rest. But the events of the last few weeks have been exciting. Both our guys and girls basketball teams won their DoDDs European championship. This was a historic year for them, with the girls clinching their fourth title in a row, and the boys winning their first title ever. We are proud of our teams, their coaches, and all of their hard work! It's a good time to be a Falcon!

The same weekend as our basketball teams were busy winning, our high school cast of Treasure Island was busy putting on their production. It was pretty amazing to see the stage, that is used for so many purposes during the week, transform into a pirate ship. I had the privilege of helping with hair, which might not sound like a big deal. My experience with making people look like pirates is rather limited, so when the need came up I have to admit that I wasn't over eager. However, things came together, we got lots and lots of input and I think the overall effect worked well! The cast and crew did an amazing job, and had us laughing and nearly crying (and sometime both!) the entire time.

The joy of both of these things is getting to see our students in their element. Some of them decided to try something new and found they were good at it. Some have been working towards these goals for a very long time. All were successful, and learned and grew in the process.

Then during the first weekend in March, the entire high school picked up and went to Switzerland for a weekend of retreat. We were blessed to have a BFA alum who shared openly and insightfully from the Word. It was an especially sweet time for my senior girls' small group. We enjoyed a lot of really deep conversations, and we laughed a lot too!

Looking ahead, we are about three weeks away from spring break. In two weeks, we are pulling off our annual Music Festival. I'm excited to see what my students will take away from this experience!

During a season so full of events, I am certainly tired, but I am hopeful. When things get busy, it is easy to default into doubt. However, God has proven Himself faithful over and over again, and He is always the same. Just as He has guided me and those around me so perfectly in the past, He will continue do to that as I follow Him in faith. During this exciting time, I anticipate learning much about Him as well! How good He is!

Praise God with me:
1. For God's unending faithfulness.
2. For great relationships with students and colleagues.
3. For YOU my friends, family, and ministry partners. You are God's gifts to me!

Pray with me:
1. For opportunities to share Christ with my students.
2. For wisdom for each of the young women in my small group (and their families) as they seek God's will for their futures.
3. That I will be able to find opportunities to rest in the midst of busyness.

Thanks again for reading, and for your encouragement and support. I thank God for each of you!

Also, as a side note, I will be posting an update with pictures soon so stay tuned!

~Lauren




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Easter Week

Commissioning

Advent Week 1: Hope